Mum finds teenage boy dead on his bed after he breathed in too much deodorant
04
February

By Adem Lewis / in , , , /


 A mum walked into her teenage boy’s bedroom to find him unresponsive after he fatally inhaled deodorant  Susan Waple, the mother of 13-year-old Jack Waple, had previously noticed that deodorant tins were either going missing around the house or seemed lighter than usual  It turned out Jack had been inhaling the solvents from the cans, Norfolk’s area coroner Yvonne Blake concluded at an inquest into his death  Summarising a statement from Mrs Waple, the coroner said: “He assured you nothing was going wrong and said when you went out he was anxious so he sprayed his deodorant about as it smelt like you  “He asked you to believe him.  “You felt you had to show faith in him.”  Jack’s worried parents had spoken to their son about what they suspected was solvent misuse  Despite their warnings, on June 13, 2019 the mum walked into her son’s bedroom and found him unresponsive with an aerosol can on his bed  The efforts of paramedics could not save the teenager, who died at his home in Hockwold, Norfolk  A post-mortem examination recorded his medical cause of death as aerosol inhalation  Ms Blake said that while the pathologist did not find any volatile gases in Jack’s lungs, they “just dissipate because of the way the body reacts after death”  She said that breathing in the gases from aerosols can “jolt” the heart, and that the damage caused is typically to the heart rather than the lungs  “I think it’s more likely than not he used the aerosol and unexpectedly died,” said Ms Blake, adding that there was no evidence that Jack intended to harm himself  “They say people get a high from it. I don’t know. It used to be glue sniffing in my day  “It’s the thing in aerosols that makes the gas spray that does the damage.”  The coroner concluded that Jack died by misadventure – instances where a deliberate action has an unintended consequence  Addressing his parents at Thursday’s hearing, she said: “He would have gone into cardiac arrest and he wouldn’t have known anything  “I’m very sorry for your loss. You don’t expect to bury your children.”  Mrs Waple told the coroner: “He was very adventurous and would do things like he had learnt off the internet like making a cake in a cup, and making his own ice cubes which are still in the freezer in plastic bags with kiwi fruit in ”  His father Robert Waple, who works as a chef, said that Jack “loved experimenting with things”  He said Jack was prone to nosebleeds and Ms Blake said this could explain blood found on Jack, as the post-mortem examination recorded no signs of haemorrhaging or external damage


2 thoughts on “Mum finds teenage boy dead on his bed after he breathed in too much deodorant

  1. 'NOTHING IS WRONG….I AM SPRAYING DEODORANT SO THE HOUSE SMELLS LIKE YOU WHEN YOU ARE GONE….'
    BULLSHIT….
    1.which part of this boy's statement/excuse/reply to his mother/father/parents should NOT BE TREATED AS ALARM BELLS RINGING….this kid has a SERIOUS AEROSOL/GAS?/GLUE? JONES….
    2.if what the lad said was TRUE…..STILL ALARM BELLS….as the boy must have some SERIOUS MENTAL and EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS if he couldn't cope WITHOUT his MOTHER at 13 years of age….

    lots of kids come home to an empty house HALF HIS AGE….

    the NAMBY PAMBY SOCIETY we live in TEACHES us to IGNORE THE SIGNS,in case a good BOLLOCKING or SMACK ROUND THE HEAD upsets some teenager and stops them getting into hot water….
    LUNATICS say it is 'ABUSE'….
    this stupid/dozy/frightened….unstreetwise mother/father/parents – did NOTHING….

    my mother,in the 60's or 70's would have said (quite rightly)….'touch my stuff again and I will put said aerosol spray somewhere it WON'T FIT, ….sideways UP your person !!!'….
    such an 'EXCUSE' would have been a quick trip to the family G.P….to see what was up….

    GOD ALMIGHTY!
    ….watch what we all say!…..any DISCIPLINE or telling kids NO! or STOP! nowadays has become TABOO….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *